[Nut-upsuser] NOVA AVR 625 - support?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:13:32 UTC 2009

Hey,

2009/8/5 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> [the mailing list you want is nut-upsuser.]
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Blagovest Kolenichev wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >
> > I had fail to find in the supported hardware page
> >
> >  http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html
> >
> > support for "NOVA AVR 625", but see that "NOVA AVR 600 Serial"
> > is supported. Can you tell us is there a big difference between
> > these models i.e. is NUT drivers mge-shut or newmge-shut
> > are capable to deal with "NOVA AVR 625"
>
> It looks like the suggested driver for that model is usbhid-ups:
>

> http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/tags/v2.4.1/data/driver.list#L161
>
> The web page seems to be slightly behind.
>
> I'll let Arnaud comment as to whether the SHUT drivers will work with
> that model, but the comments seem to indicate that one of them should
> work.

well, these newer Nova (625 / 1250) are supported by NUT, but through *USB*
only.
the previous models were either serial or USB, using an RJ45 port with 2
different cables that were tied to different pins.

so it's usbhid-ups only. if you really want to communicate through a serial
port, you will have to chose another unit (such as Evolution), but it's more
expensive. or you have to find a USB to serial adapter (I don't think this
does exist though!)

I hope this answer your question,
Arnaud
--