[Nut-upsuser] blazer_ser driver / (brand)Inform (series)Informer Compact

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:47:16 UTC 2009

2009/8/9 Mutlu T. <cmtunc at gmail.com>

> Hi Arnaud,

Hi Mutlu,

first, please keep the list cc'ed. other people might be interested
(including Arjen when he will get back from vacation)...

> I checked out development branch (2.5) from SVN [/] [trunk/] [drivers/]
> [blazer_ser.c] - Rev 1804 and driver version turned out as below;
>
> #define DRIVER_NAME     "Megatec/Q1 protocol serial driver"
> #define DRIVER_VERSION  "1.51"
>
> Since same version of the driver was already installed, I quickly switched
> driver to blazer_ser and performed same tests as before and voila, works
> like a charm. You can find the results in the attached txt file, I will
> perform further tests and give development version a go as soon as a
> maintanence downtime is scheduled for this server and let you know all about
> it.
>
> I hope this helps, unfortunately there was no USB port on UPS, so I only
> returned data on blazer_ser.
>
> Best wishes,
> Mutlu
>
> --
> Attachment 1: nut_blz_ser.txt[2711B]
>

> On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:34:56 +0300, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  Hi Mutlu,
>>
>> 2009/8/7 Mutlu T. <cmtunc at gmail.com>
>>
>>  Redirecting to debian.org domain due to being rejected as spam by
>>> free.fr

>>> load.off - Turn off the load immediately        >> not tested
>>> load.on - Turn on the load immediately    >> not tested
>>> reset.input.minmax - Reset minimum and maximum input voltage status
>>> >>
>>> not
>>> working
>>> reset.watchdog - Reset watchdog timer           >> not working
>>> shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
>>> >>
>>> not
>>> tested
>>> shutdown.stayoff - Turn off the load and remain off             >> not
>>> tested
>>> shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress             >> not tested
>>> test.battery.start - Start a battery test       >> not working
>>> test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test     >> not working
>>> test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test       >> not working
>>>

>>> UPS succesfully returns OnBoost/OnBuck/OnBattery/OnLine information to
>>> megatec driver, as well as LowBattery/BatteryCritical alerts. This is a
>>> line interactive unit with sinus wave AC output at all times. More
>>> information regarding this cheap unit can be retrieved via
>>> http://www.informups.com/informer_compact.html (EN, user guide,
>>> pictures).
>>> Data returned by upsc command is as below;
>>>

>>> [root at saboteur ~]# upsc inform at saboteur
>>> battery.charge: 95.0
>>> battery.voltage: 27.00
>>> battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
>>> driver.name: megatec
>>> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
>>> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS1
>>> driver.version: 2.4.1
>>> driver.version.internal: 1.6
>>> input.frequency: 50.0
>>> input.frequency.nominal: 50.0
>>> input.voltage: 214.0
>>> input.voltage.fault: 140.0
>>> input.voltage.maximum: 238.5
>>> input.voltage.minimum: 206.5
>>> input.voltage.nominal: 230.0
>>> output.voltage: 248.0
>>> ups.beeper.status: disabled
>>> ups.delay.shutdown: 0
>>> ups.delay.start: 2
>>> ups.load: 30.0
>>> ups.mfr:
>>> ups.model:  IN01064B
>>> ups.serial: unknown
>>> ups.status: OL BOOST
>>> ups.temperature: 25.0   >> not polled, always @ 25.0
>>> ups.type: standby
>>>

>>> Hope this helps, I would be glad to return any further information you
>>> might need.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Mutlu Tunç
>>> Sys Admin, Turkey.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> PS. I'm not affiliated with any UPS manufacturer but Tunçmatik and Inform
>>> are two well known UPS manufacturers in Turkey and they export goods to
>>> EC
>>> and ME. I would gladly help with communication and other needs concerning
>>> these parties on behalf of NUT project, if that's the least I can do for
>>> support.
>>>

>> thanks a lot for this verbose feedback. it's much appreciated.
>> I've added an entry to the compatibility list.
>>
>> Arjen is currently on holidays, but he would ask for testing the blazer
>> support.
>> this blazer drivers will soon replace the megatec ones.
>> so please, if you can, do some testing of the development version.
>> if you also have a USB port, try the *_usb equivalent too.
>>
>> thanks for your contrib,
>> Arnaud

ok, thanks for these info.
I've updated the driver.list entry to mention blazer_ser too

note that, according to your attached file, Arjen will probably be
interested in a debug output.
ie
/path/to/blazer_ser -DDDDD -a inform

this will help in fixing the empty ups.{mfr,model} and some more.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops