[Nut-upsuser] USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usbhid-ups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Dec 4 07:13:58 UTC 2009

Citeren Thomas Gutzler <thomas.gutzler op gmail.com>:

> In summary:
> - no EMI (port re-connect) for the 'old' ups
> - 68 and 76 USBDEVFS_CONTROL errors for the 'old' ups over the first and
> second period
> - 323 and 314 USBDEVFS_CONTROL errors for the 'new' ups over the first
> and second period

The 'old' UPS might not be using interrupt reports and therefor, we
don't see collisions. Could you run it in debug mode (one minute will
be enough) to check if this is indeed the case?

> From those numbers I can't see any difference in the two only that the
> old MGE ups, which was acting as a reference, seems to be much more
> reliable in communication.

I don't think the UPS is to blame here. It could very well be a
problem in libusb library as well.

> Is there anything else I can do for you?

You could try adding the 'pollonly' flag, but I'm afraid this isn't
going to help. I don't think we (the NUT developers) can do anything
about it.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list