[Nut-upsuser] APC UPS won't restart after power outage

Ole Hoppe ole.hoppe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:56:57 UTC 2009

Thank you so much for your prompt explanations. Had selected the UPS
merely by load requirements not knowing that such seemingly basic
functionality may not be supported by entry-level UPSs. We can live with
that.

Ran the driver in debug mode, which after dumping a lot of variables
etc. finally said:

Initiating UPS shutdown
upsdrv_shutdown...
instcmd(shutdown.return, [NULL])
find_nut_info: unknown info type: shutdown.return

instcmd(load.on.delay, [NULL])
find_nut_info: unknown info type: load.on.delay

instcmd: info element unavailable load.on.delay

instcmd(shutdown.reboot, [NULL])
Can't set Report 19: Broken pipe
instcmd: FAILED

instcmd(load.off.delay, [NULL])
Report[set]: (3 bytes) => 12 14 00
upsdrv_cleanup...

It seems to me to confirm what you said, except for the "Broken pipe"
for "shutdown.reboot": Is this a "fixable" communication error, or also
driver's attempt to use an unsupported feature?

Kind regards
Ole