[Nut-upsuser] XPCC XVRT-1000 driver

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Dec 29 09:44:41 UTC 2009

OK Jeff,
> Kjell Claesson wrote:
> > Then if you can check the speed on the port. The powercom driver is using
> > 1200 b/s.
>
> % stty -F /dev/ttyS0
> speed 1200 baud; line = 0;
> min = 0; time = 0;
> ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
> -opost -onlcr
> -isig -icanon -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke

Disregard my string in the latest mail. This is not the powercom ups answer.
I was on the wrong track. But the answer your ups is giving, looks like you
have a powercom protocol.
But it is not recognized by the driver.

The default for the driver is Trust ups and it sends 11 bytes. Yours is
sending 16. So check the manual page for the powercom driver, and
check if you can make it talk to it.

Problem is that it may use some odd calculations for the voltage and load and
frequency.

/Kjell