[Nut-upsuser] XPCC XVRT-1000 driver

Jeffrey B. Green jeff at kikisoso.org
Tue Dec 29 14:54:41 UTC 2009

Kjell Claesson wrote:

> The default for the driver is Trust ups and it sends 11 bytes. Yours is
> sending 16. So check the manual page for the powercom driver, and
> check if you can make it talk to it.
>
> Problem is that it may use some odd calculations for the voltage and load and
> frequency.

Using:

[xtreme]
        driver = powercom
        type=KIN1500AP
        port = /dev/ttyS0
        desc = "Xtreme xvrt-1000"

I get after startup:

% upsc xtreme
battery.charge: 98.1
driver.name: powercom
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.parameter.type: KIN1500AP
driver.version: 2.2.2
driver.version.internal: $ Revision: 0.5 $
input.frequency: 59.53
input.voltage: 243.9
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.frequency: 59.53
output.voltage: 242.0
ups.load: 10.9
ups.mfr: PowerCom
ups.model: Unknown
ups.model.type: KIN1500AP
ups.serial: Unknown
ups.status: OL

However, using XPCC's upsmon, I get via upsdisp:

                         UPSMON Plus For Linux V0.71
-
 NOW:Tue Dec 29 09:52:01 2009                   |
 Power Loading 10.0%                            |
 >>                                             |  AC Fail count: 300
                                                |
                                                | Input AC Power: AC Normal
 Battery Capacity 100.0%                        |

                                                |     Avr Status: Normal

 AC Input Voltage 118.4V                        |     UPS Status: Normal
                                                |   Output Freq.: 60.1Hz
                                                |
                                                |     Line Freq.: 59.3Hz
 AC Output Voltage 118.4V                       |

                                                |   Comm. Status: Conn.

 Press Ctrl_C to Exit UPSMON Plus Display Program!!

Not exactly the same values.

I'll experiment with the driver variable options, however, if you know
the correct (or almost correct) settings, then that info would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks,
- -jeff