[Nut-upsuser] My previous post (lengthy, lots of tarace output)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 23:04:13 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 30 December 2009, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>Citeren Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at gmail.com>:
>> Something is confused here, and I don't think its all me.  Where do I put
>> those miss-placed files so it stands a snowballs chance in that famous
>> place of working?
>
>I honestly don't know. I don't use Fedora, so I don't have the
>slightest clue where to install them. If you can't figure this out
>yourself, find some Fedora people who do.
>
>> Better yet, edit this ./configure line so that it Just Works(TM), with
>> the cgi-bin stuff actually installed in /var/www/cgi-bin like it should
>> be.
>
>On Fedora maybe. Not on my system and most likely not on many others
>too. Again, the options you pass to ./configure depend on the
>distro/architecture you're using.
>
>> [root at coyote nut-2.4.1]# ./configure --with-user=ups --with-group=nut
>> --with- usb  --with-cgi --with-hal --with-lib --prefix=/usr
>
>This isn't nearly enough. If you want to enable CGI support, you'll
>probably need --with-cgipath too. See the following from INSTALL:
>
>"See docs/configure.txt or "./configure --help" for the available options."
>
>You'll have to specify most options that are listed in the first
>reference (and maybe even more).
>
>Best regards, Arjen

Ok, rebuilt, reinstalled yet again.
From the command line:
--------------------------
[root at coyote nut-2.4.1]# upsdrvctl -D -D -D -D -D start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Starting UPS: myups
exec: /usr/local/bin/usbhid-ups -a myups
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
Using subdriver: Belkin HID 0.12
note total lack of verbosity
--------------------------------------
[root at coyote nut-2.4.1]# upsd &
[1] 21301
[root at coyote nut-2.4.1]# Network UPS Tools upsd 2.4.1
ACL in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
ACL in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
ACCEPT in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
REJECT in upsd.conf is no longer supported - switch to LISTEN
listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
listening on ::1 port 3493
Connected to UPS [myups]: usbhid-ups-myups

[1]+  Done                    upsd
------------------------------------ cool.... but
[root at coyote nut-2.4.1]# upsmon
Network UPS Tools upsmon 2.4.1
Unable to use old-style MONITOR line without a username
Convert it and add a username to upsd.users - see the documentation
Fatal error: unusable configuration
[root at coyote nut-2.4.1]#

Thanks for your patience.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The trouble with superheros is what to do between phone booths.
		-- Ken Kesey