[Nut-upsuser] My previous post (lengthy, lots of tarace output)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 30 20:40:09 UTC 2009

Citeren Gene Heskett <gene.heskett op gmail.com>:

> Something is confused here, and I don't think its all me.  Where do I put
> those miss-placed files so it stands a snowballs chance in that famous place
> of working?

I honestly don't know. I don't use Fedora, so I don't have the
slightest clue where to install them. If you can't figure this out
yourself, find some Fedora people who do.

> Better yet, edit this ./configure line so that it Just Works(TM), with the
> cgi-bin stuff actually installed in /var/www/cgi-bin like it should be.

On Fedora maybe. Not on my system and most likely not on many others
too. Again, the options you pass to ./configure depend on the
distro/architecture you're using.

> [root op coyote nut-2.4.1]# ./configure --with-user=ups --with-group=nut --with-
> usb  --with-cgi --with-hal --with-lib --prefix=/usr

This isn't nearly enough. If you want to enable CGI support, you'll
probably need --with-cgipath too. See the following from INSTALL:

"See docs/configure.txt or "./configure --help" for the available options."

You'll have to specify most options that are listed in the first
reference (and maybe even more).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list