[Nut-upsuser] XPCC XVRT-1000 driver

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Dec 31 11:22:45 UTC 2009

Citeren Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson op epost.tidanet.se>:

> Hi, do we have any active developer on the powercom driver.

As far as I know, no.

> It seems to support the XPCC ups. The problem seems to be
> the calculation of the voltage and ups.load.

OK, nothing essential. It would be nice to have the calculations
correct, but we will need to have the values of 'a' and 'b' in

   value = ax + b

to convert the 'x' received from the UPS to the actual value. Unless
you have equipment available to change the values of voltage,
frequency and load at will, this is not an easy task. It would be best
to get these values from XPCC directly (they probably needed them for
developing their own driver). You could also reverse engineer them
from the XPCC software by feeding it with a UPS simulator (I have one
for CyberPower low mains devices) also.

As far as I know the conversion parameters can already be entered in
'ups.conf' so this doesn't really require a developer (or
modifications to the sources) anyway. A determined user with enough
time on his/her hands could also figure out the correct settings and
post them here. See 'man 8 powercom' for the description of the
coefficients.

> This thread should give some info needed to make it work.
> Anything to move to dev list?

Unless you can find a developer to work on it, I'm afraid not. I'm
already supporting way too many devices right now and am not willing
to work on any additional ones (sorry). NUT is currently severely
understaffed when it comes to supporting UPS devices (especially for
the less well known brands).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list