[Nut-upsuser] missing /etc/sysconfig/ups (former My previous post (lengthy, lots of trace output))

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 14:33:20 UTC 2009

On Thursday 31 December 2009, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>On 12/31/2009 01:04 PM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>> Citeren Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at gmail.com>:
>>> There is also a missing /etc/sysconfig/ups file, which I have NDI
>>> what to put
>>> into, so that bit of code in the init.d/ups is commented out, and
>>> SERVER=master is set in it.
>>
>> NUT doesn't use a /etc/sysconfig/ups file (this is probably added by
>> Fedora).
>
>rhel / fedora and derivatives use /etc/sysconfig/<servicename> for
>configuration files which are sourced by the initscripts (placed in
>/etc/init.d/<servicename>).

That would seem to be the case, used mostly for setting $SERVER and
$UPS_OPTIONS which are then passed to the various daemons that need them.
When I found that I couldn't pass the' -D -D -D -D -D -u user' stuff in it,
and I had to hard code it instead, that section was a wart to be excised with
a series of #.

>As a side note, a correctly written initscript will not care if there is
>no sysconfig file , using sane defaults instead.

This was, if that file was empty of missing, then $UPS_OPTIONS was null, as
it should be.

Thank you Manuel.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Bang on the LEFT side of your computer to restart Windows.