[Nut-upsuser] ordered shutdown

Lars Täuber taeuber at bbaw.de
Fri Feb 6 08:50:47 UTC 2009

Hi there again,

because nobody replied I decided to enhance apcupsd with the knowlegde of the snmp communication to our UPS. It works for me.
I'm unsubscribing some time soon.

Regards
Lars

Lars Täuber <taeuber at bbaw.de> schrieb:
> Hallo there.
>
> I'm new to this list and also to NUT.
> Our previous ups-system was APC based and apcupsd was serving the ordered shutdowns in our network.
>
> Our new ups is made by MGE and that's why we can't use apcupsd anymore. This led us into trouble.
> Our network system is quite complex and we need shutdown sequence levels. The servers depend on each other because of NFS and SQL connections and the like.
> We have one 60kVA UPS and more than 20 servers/routers/SANs supplied with energy by it.
>
> With apcupsd we could confiure the servers to shutdown on a specified battery level or the remaining time. Is there a way to do this with NUT anyhow?
> I thought about using the schedule mechanism with own bash scripts but this won't work on windows. In the docs is nothing written about such a feature.
> BTW, is there a feature request website for NUT somewhere?
>
> Thanks
> Lars

                            Informationstechnologie
Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
Jägerstrasse 22-23                     10117 Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 20370-352           http://www.bbaw.de