[Nut-upsuser] ordered shutdown

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 9 19:18:06 UTC 2009

Citeren Marco Chiappero <marco op absence.it>:

> NUT is handy if you want to shut down one or many systems in the same
> moment but not in such case (upssched, is not even part of the core and
> does not fully fits these needs).

No, at the moment NUT only support if the decision to shutdown is made
at the same time. This doesn't mean the systems have to be shutdown at
the same time. Note there is a destinctive difference between these two.

[...]

>> This is something you will rarely find on no-name consumer grade UPS,
>> but as far as I know the more well known brands (MGE, APC, Tripplite)
>> support this out of the box for their systems.
> Sorry, what you mean? Not every UPS can shutdown whenever you want? Or
> not every UPS provide battery charge reading?

Not every UPS allows you to change when it considers the battery
voltage low and consequently, when you *must* shutdown your systems.
Some no-name models will not even allow enough time to shutdown.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list