[Nut-upsuser] ordered shutdown

Marco Chiappero marco at absence.it
Tue Feb 10 20:58:19 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte ha scritto:
> It's funny that you mention MGE PSP here, since except for the
> shutdown timer (reason explained in the FAQ), NUT already provides
> *all* functionality it has (including shutdown based on charge and
> runtime). What you may be missing is the fact that this requires
> setting values on the UPS through the 'upsrw' command to control the
> level when the UPS will decide the battery is low.

As far as I remember in PSP there are two different regulations, battery
charge level that triggers system shutdown and battery charge level that
set the "low battery" state. I suppose it uses the first one that
occurs. If I'm not wrong.

> What we currently
> don't have, is multiple decision levels, but this is something that
> will be dealt with through the use of virtual UPS devices that are
> accessible through the regular interface.

Ok, I've understood now, sorry for not understanding before. It's
definitely a good idea, the best one, that solves all these aspects.
I think you answered all my questions, thank you. And sorry for being
boring.

Regards,
Marco Chiappero