[Nut-upsuser] Recommended UPS brand (OffTopic sort of)

Doug Parsons doug at parsonsemail.com
Sat Feb 14 13:40:07 UTC 2009

Kjell,

I saw those as well but need the online model as I have had some issues with
offline models and rapid power cycles. When you have an automatic transfer
switch between two ups units and your equipment, the rapid cycles can cause
you to loose power or in my case corrupt the power to the point my router
locked up. I have several ESX servers and the more critical units need to
have clean power on at least one power supply. Just a little bit of
insurance there. I also have some SAN storage that needs the online unit.

One other catch is that I am limited to a 120V 20 Amp feed to the units and
want to maximize it. The 2200 does this. If I go any bigger I need a 30 amp
circuit and any smaller waste capacity on that circuit.

Thanks for the input.

Doug