[Nut-upsuser] Smart-UPS RT 3000 Baud Rate

Richard Scobie richard at sauce.co.nz
Wed Jul 8 19:45:53 UTC 2009

Arnaud Quette wrote:

> I'm not an apc knowlee (and really don't want to become, really!), but
> it may have something to do with the smart more detection (sending 'Y'
> or ESC then 'Y' it seems).
>
> have you seen anything with your hyperterm?
> you will possibly have to dig a bit to get more info.
>
> btw, I've found that:
> http://www.nabble.com/APC-Cable-940-1525-td20503786.html

This link above is the key I think - this is exactly the UPS I have and
judging from the the comment "new SmartUPS units that use a new
proprietary undocumented protocol" and "however APC has refused to
provide any protocol details", things do not look good.

I would be very happy to do what I can to provide more details, but this
UPS is in active service, so testing would have to be sporadic.

Back to the APC software I guess...

Regards,

Richard