[Nut-upsuser] Accurate battery reports? (HP R3000 XR)

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Mon Jul 13 12:06:30 UTC 2009

> Hi
Hi Jon,

> I have a HP R3000 XR UPS which NUT never says is at 100% battery.
> It seems stuck in 98 or 99 . something percentage.
>
> How accurate should i expect the reports to be? All my other UPSes has
> been and is at 100%, even those i have retired.

This is something I have noticed during testing of the driver.
My PW5115 is only going up to 90% and the PW5125 is at 98%.
This is reported from the ups and i am not sure how this is  measured.

But in the config of the ups you have possibility to set the
'Max Battery Equalize Voltage' this is the highest voltage the battery
get charged to.

Protocol and info is now public at
http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/eaton/

The problem is at the moment the driver does not support setting this
parameter. I hold back on this as it may damage the ups if it is not done
in the right way.

But you may hook up the settings program from powerware (Eaton) to
make adjustments.

> My monitor system runs debian. The host that is physically connected
> to this ups runs:
> 	nut		2.2.2-6.4
>
> The web script runs
> 	nut-cgi	2.0.4-4

If you can try the new 2.4.1, you have some more info from the ups, and better
support for load-segments. And it would be fine for me if you can test it so
it don't break the function of the HP XR series.

Regards
Kjell