[Nut-upsuser] Any word on when the ietf mib will be fixed for liebert?

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jul 28 08:03:31 UTC 2009

Citeren Maurice Volaski <mvolaski op aecom.yu.edu>:

>> This mib used to work, so is there a way to go back to the version
>> prior to this one without downgrading the whole package?
>>
>> yes, only take the snmp-ups driver from the previous working release.
>
> 2.2.2 and 2.0.5 also complain but with fewer errors.

Please don't mistake warning messages with (fatal) errors. Starting
with nut-2.4.0, these messages should only be displayed in debug mode,
so I'm surprised you're seeing them in nut-2.4.1. If you're not a
developer, you should *not* run any part of NUT in debug mode unless
asked for. Don't draw conclusions about *any* debug message if you're
not familiar with the code base.

Upon startup, the snmp-ups driver will query the UPS for all the OID's
the driver supports. The ones which are not supported by the UPS, will
generally result in an error message from the NetSNMP library that is
used. There is nothing we can do about that and it is *not* an error.
Generally speaking, over time we will add more OID's to the MIB's,
which means that you may see more of these 'error messages' after an
update. This is harmless. It just means that your UPS uses only a
subset of the full IETF MIB (which is not unusual at all).

[...]

> Anyway, now that the script is starting, I'm seeing "failed - got
> [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]" errors  from upsmon, and I don't know why.

See 'man 8 upsd', 'man 5 upsd.conf' and 'man 5 upsd.users'. This is a
configuration error.

> I noted that the configuration has changed. It seems ACLs and ACCEPT
> are no longer used and have been replaced with LISTEN, but I have
> set that.

Indeed. Again, see the above manual pages.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list