[Nut-upsuser] Usbhip-ups going wild

Antoine Gatineau antoine.gatineau at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Jul 31 13:03:16 UTC 2009

Indeed, nut depends on some packages not the distribution itself.
You are surely right.

Anyway, here are the links :
RHEL 4 : ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/EPEL/4ES/SRPMS/nut-2.2.0-4.el4.src.rpm
RHEL 5 : nut-2.4.1 found only on this one
http://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/nut/SRPM/

On rpmfind.net, nut-2.4.1 is on available for recent fedora, doesn't work
with RHEL4 or 5...

FYI, in RHEL 4, I have a dependency issue when compiling nut-2.4.1 :
./configure --with-name=ups --with-group=nut --with-usb --with-hal

(hal-devel is installed)
Configure: error: "libhal not found, required for HAL support"
But libhal is located in /usr/lib (.so and .a)

I just tried it out. That is why I concluded nut-2.4.1 was not compliant
with RHEL 4.