[Nut-upsuser] nut and megatec_usb

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 19:44:52 UTC 2009

2009/7/31 Alexander Gordeev <lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su>

> Hi Anton,
>
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:53:05 +0400
> Anton Gorlov <stalker at altlinux.ru> wrote:
>
> > ut 2.4.1 works  with megatec_usb driver. It tries to interact with a
> > device in /dev/bus/usb/X/Y, but there are root:root 664  access
> > rights. When I try to set  port  /dev/hiddev0  with write access in
> > config file, in strace there are no records about
> > accessing /dev/hiddev, but still only /dev/bus/usb/X/Y
> > How to explain such a behavior?
>
> Why do you think megatec_usb should use /dev/hiddev0? It doesn't and
> never did.

to complete Alex's answer:
- NUT USB drivers use libusb, so /dev/bus/usb/XXX/YYY
- the permissions issue is addressed by udev on linux. An helper script is
installed by the packages or make install.
- you may need to unplug / replug your UPS' USB cord to get the permissions
applied.

having more info on your system would help us in helping you ;-)

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops