[Nut-upsuser] Belkin support?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 02:43:32 UTC 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 10:36 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> [myups]
> 	driver = mydriver
> 	port = /dev/ttyS1
> 	cable = 1234
> 	desc = "A POS Belkin"
> #
> # To find out if your driver supports any extra settings, start it
> with
> # the -h option and/or read the driver's documentation.
> -----------------
> I now see the port is wrong, and should probably be /dev/ttyUSB1, as
> zero is
> busy here, with heyu.  However, fixing that makes zero difference.

Actually, for the usbhid-ups driver (with only one UPS on a machine), /
etc/nut/boils down to:

###########
[myups]
	driver = usbhid-ups
	port = auto
	desc = "Whatever floats your boat"

"port" does not matter here, it just has to be something (the Linux /
dev/bus/usb addresses change based on what order things are plugged
in, as well as the kernel version and phase of the moon).

The key to your setup is specifying "usbhid-ups" as the driver name.

Out of curiosity, do you get any more detail from 'lsusb -vv' if you
run it as root?