[Nut-upsuser] Nut with megatec_usb

Gabriel Hahmann gabriel.hahmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:43:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm new in the list and I'm having a little bit trouble to put the
megatec_usb to work.

I've been using NUT for a while with the apc and megatec driver (serial),
with no problem.

The server is a Ubuntu 8.04.2 with NUT version 2.2.1-2.1ubuntu7.2, the
default package version in this ubuntu release.

I've configured the ups.conf as follows:

[sms]
        driver = megatec_usb
        port = auto
        desc = "Servidor Dados"

But when I run /var/lib/megatec_usb -a sms it says that "No supported
devices found"

root at comserver:/lib/nut# /lib/nut/megatec_usb -a sms
Network UPS Tools 2.2.1- - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.13 [megatec_usb]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

Serial-over-USB transport layer for Megatec protocol driver [megatec_usb]
Andrey Lelikov (c) 2006, Alexander Gordeev (c) 2006-2007, Jon Gough (c) 2007

No supported devices found. Please check your device availability with
'lsusb'
and make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not help,
try running the driver with at least 'vendorid' and 'subdriver' options
specified. Please refer to the man page for details about these options
(man 8 megatec_usb).
Please report your results to the NUT user's mailing list
<nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

My device is connected in the bus 001, device 004, and when i do a lsusb -s
001:004 -vvv the result is as follows:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04b4:5500 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. HID->COM RS232
Adapter
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x04b4 Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
  idProduct          0x5500 HID->COM RS232 Adapter
  bcdDevice            0.00
  iManufacturer           1 Cypress Semiconductor
  iProduct                2 USB to Serial
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           41
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          4 Sample HID
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              0
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.00
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength      37
         Report Descriptors:
           ** UNAVAILABLE **
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval               1
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval               1
Device Status:     0x0000
  (Bus Powered)

Anybody knows how to handle this?

The device is a SMS Manger III Senoidal with a USB (by the output of lsusb I
understand that it has a converter to RS232).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel.