[Nut-upsuser] Nut with megatec_usb

Gabriel Hahmann gabriel.hahmann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:46:12 UTC 2009

Hi Arjen,

I tried your sugestion, changing the protocol to megatec and putting the
port with /dev/ttyUSB0.

This didn't work, the output is as follows:

root at comserver:/lib/nut# ./megatec -a sms -DDDDDD
Network UPS Tools 2.2.1- - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.13 [megatec]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2007

debug level is '6'
Starting UPS detection process...
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.

I think that maybe, this version doesn't use the megatec protocol, maybe
some variation. Could you or somebody help me to find wich protocol this
nobreak uses? I have another server running the windows version of the
manuftaturer software, maybe I could sniff or find something. The old
version of this manufturer with serial interface uses megatec.

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel.