[Nut-upsuser] Driver for UPS Eaton 9130

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:32:44 UTC 2009

2009/3/16 Attila Csontos <attila.csontos at r-sys.sk>

>  Citeren Attila Csontos <attila.csontos at r-sys.sk> <attila.csontos at r-sys.sk>:
>

>       Hi Kjell and Arnaud,
>

>     I was trying Kjell's command (/path/to/bcmxcp -DD -a pw9130 -u root)
> and I have got this output:
>

>  [...]
>

>  After that driver finished with Segmentation Fault (core dumped). No
> core file in current directory.
>

>  If you care to attempt to debug what is going in, it might help to run
> the above command through 'valgrind'. This will allow examining what
> causes the segmentation fault. This could be bcmxcp driver specific or
> (worse) be caused by an error in the main driver core functions.
> Especially in the latter case I would really like to see what is going
> on.
>
> Best regards, Arjen
>

>  Unfortunatelly , there is no 'valgrind' on Solaris....maybe in next
> version :-)
> But I have started bcmxcp driver in gdb, and I got  this result

> 0xfedc58fc in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xfedc58fc in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> #1  0xfee1ed96 in _ndoprnt () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> #2  0xfee21ecb in vsnprintf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
> #3  0x08058b31 in vupslog ()
> #4  0x08058db7 in upsdebugx ()
> #5  0x08054aa6 in upsdrv_initinfo ()
> #6  0x080569ed in main ()
> (gdb)
>
> It happens only when I start driver with -DD (or more 'D'). When I run only
> with -D, it working normally.

all the debug outputs there are at level 2. so nothing but "normal".
from your feedback, my guess is that it crashes at the Config_block (line
1108)
the gdb trace just before the crash should confirm this (last one should be:
"Length of alarm map...")
Kjell will (or not) confirm since I'm not an XCP expert...

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops