[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb - short reply

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Mar 19 12:15:50 UTC 2009

Citeren Andrew Zabolotny <zap op homelink.ru>:

> [ippon]
> driver = blazer_usb
> port = auto
> vendorid = 06da
> productid = 0003
> desc = "Ippon Smart Winner 3000"

This vendorid and productid are already supported out-of-the box.
Specifying them in the configuration should only be done for devices
that are not (yet) supported.

> If I run blazer_usb -a ippon -DDDDD I get the following:
>
> debug level is '5'
> Checking device (06DA/0003) (002/011)
> - VendorID: 06da
> - ProductID: 0003
> - Manufacturer: unknown
> - Product: USB UPS
> - Serial Number: unknown
> - Bus: 002
> Trying to match device
> Device matches
> failed to claim USB device: could not claim interface 0: Device or
> resource busy detached kernel driver from USB device...

The above is normal. Apparently the kernel already configured a driver
for this device and we need to detach that driver before we can use
the device.

> Trying megatec protocol...
> send: Q1
> read: (218.7 218.7 218.7 020 50.0 0110 54.8 00001000
> send_to_all: SETINFO input.voltage "218.7"
> send_to_all: SETINFO input.voltage.fault "218.7"
> send_to_all: SETINFO output.voltage "218.7"
> send_to_all: SETINFO ups.load "20"
> send_to_all: SETINFO input.frequency "50.0"
> send_to_all: SETINFO battery.voltage "110.00"
> send_to_all: SETINFO ups.temperature "54.8"
> send_to_all: SETINFO beeper.status "disabled"
> send_to_all: SETINFO ups.type "offline / line interactive"
> send_to_all: SETINFO ups.status "OL"
> Status read in 1 tries

Looks good.

> Supported UPS detected with megatec protocol
> send: error sending control message: Connection timed out
> blazer_rating: short reply
> Rating read 1 failed

This doesn't look good. Apparently, your UPS doesn't understand the
command to read the ratings from it. Some devices are brain dead and
will not answer anything after that, so you should configure the
driver to skip the detection of the ratings (see 'man 8 blazer' on how
to do that). You may want to skip reading the vendor information as
well, since that most likely will result in the same mess.

> Checking device (06DA/0003) (002/011)
> - VendorID: 06da
> - ProductID: 0003
> - Manufacturer: unknown
> - Product: unknown
> - Serial Number: unknown
> - Bus: 002
> Trying to match device
> Device does not match - skipping
> Checking device (0000/0000) (002/001)
> ... here it goes over all USB devices, despite the fact that I have
> pointed the vendor/product ids in the config ...

This is not how the detection mechanism works. It will walk trough all
USB devices until one matches. But apparently, your UPS doesn't listen
to us anymore.

[...]

> send_to_all: SETINFO ups.vendorid "0000"
> send_to_all: SETINFO ups.productid "0000"

This is a bug that has been fixed in the SVN trunk already.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list