[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb - short reply

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 22 10:31:54 UTC 2009

Citeren Arjen de Korte <nut+users op de-korte.org>:

>> I've just commited a fix for the blazer_usb driver. I'm still trying to fix
>> megatec_usb also. There is a very odd and interesting problem which
>> I want to resolve.
> I've reverted your fix. This breaks other devices where we need to
> read until '\r' and will continue to report nonsense infinitly
> afterwards. So we probably should create a separate subdriver for this
> device that needs reading until timeout.

Note that I'm not convinced that reading until a timeout is received
is a good idea at all. So maybe we should just create a separate
subdriver here and allow people to override the build in automatic
subdriver selection (which is possible for blazer_usb).

As for the OP's problem, I'm not convinced that your patch would work.
This could also very well be a problem with the UPS not understanding
that we want to read the rating (and locking up afterwards). So unless
we get a reply on this question, I don't think making any
modifications at all would be a good idea.

After all, it looks like the OP also tried the megatec_usb which
didn't work either, although this one does read until timeout (so this
probably isn't the problem here).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list