[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb - short reply

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Sun Mar 22 11:21:02 UTC 2009

Hi Arjen,

On Sunday 22 March 2009 13:03:09 Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren "Alexander I. Gordeev" <lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su>:
> > I've just commited a fix for the blazer_usb driver. I'm still trying to
> > fix megatec_usb also. There is a very odd and interesting problem which I
> > want to resolve.
>
> I've reverted your fix. This breaks other devices where we need to
> read until '\r' and will continue to report nonsense infinitly
> afterwards. So we probably should create a separate subdriver for this
> device that needs reading until timeout.

Which ones are you afraid of breaking? Is blazer_usb supposed to support more
device than phoenix subdriver which reads until timeout? I'm ok with creating
another subdriver in blazer_usb if it is necessary.

I'll reveal more details about why it is necessary to read until timeout (at
least for 06da:0003 devices) in the next mail.

--
  Alexander