[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb - short reply

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Mar 23 13:46:00 UTC 2009

Citeren "Alexander I. Gordeev" <lasaine op lvk.cs.msu.su>:

> Still I'd rather not duplicate the code by creating a bunch of mostly
> identical subdrivers without a good reason. If you say that my change really
> breaks something it is quite enough.

I mostly feel the same way, but the past shows us that there are many
USB-to-serial converters that at first glance look similar, but do
have incompatible differences when looking closer. Since the
subdrivers are only small pieces of code now that we have
is_usb_device_supported() to select a specific subdriver from a list
of VID:PID entries, I don't think this a problem anymore.

The risk of breaking existing devices worries me a lot more than
duplicating maybe 20 lines of code.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list