[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb - short reply

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 22 20:41:14 UTC 2009

Citeren "Alexander I. Gordeev" <lasaine op lvk.cs.msu.su>:

> First of all, IMO you should trust me more because I now have an 06da:0003
> Ippon device.

It's not that I don't trust you. I´ll take your word for it that
reading until timeout is needed for the 06da:0003 if you say so. You
made exactly the same mistake as I did when I started messing with the
'agiler' subdriver in megatec_usb.c a while ago, breaking it in the
process. If you think/know that in order to support a device, behavior
needs to be changed, you should create a separate subdriver instead of
modifying an existing one that has already proved to work for at least
the author.

Therefor I have renamed my version of the 'phoenix' subdriver to
'cypress' and added yours as the new 'phoenix' subdriver. I prefer not
reading beyond the '\r' character for the 'cypress' subdriver, instead
of waiting for a timeout that will never come for some devices and
fill the supplied buffer with garbage until full.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list