[Nut-upsuser] blazer_usb - short reply

Alexander I. Gordeev lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su
Sun Mar 22 22:24:24 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 March 2009 23:41:14 Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren "Alexander I. Gordeev" <lasaine at lvk.cs.msu.su>:
> > First of all, IMO you should trust me more because I now have an
> > 06da:0003 Ippon device.
>
> It's not that I don't trust you. I´ll take your word for it that
> reading until timeout is needed for the 06da:0003 if you say so. You
> made exactly the same mistake as I did when I started messing with the
> 'agiler' subdriver in megatec_usb.c a while ago, breaking it in the
> process. If you think/know that in order to support a device, behavior
> needs to be changed, you should create a separate subdriver instead of
> modifying an existing one that has already proved to work for at least
> the author.
>
> Therefor I have renamed my version of the 'phoenix' subdriver to
> 'cypress' and added yours as the new 'phoenix' subdriver. I prefer not
> reading beyond the '\r' character for the 'cypress' subdriver, instead
> of waiting for a timeout that will never come for some devices and
> fill the supplied buffer with garbage until full.

Ok, sorry for the breakage. I wanted to discuss the patch on the maillist
first but then found the same behaviour in the megatec_usb driver. So I
thought of your changes to it as just an optimization which proved to not
work. It's now obvious that I should have discussed it.

Still I'd rather not duplicate the code by creating a bunch of mostly
identical subdrivers without a good reason. If you say that my change really
breaks something it is quite enough.

--
  Alexander