[Nut-upsuser] MUSTEK PowerMust 3000 NetGuard RM

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Mar 27 07:25:18 UTC 2009

Citeren Igor R <im op kaba.org.ua>:

> We are using the equipment "MUSTEK PowerMust 3000 NetGuard RM". That is
> using Megatec protocol. But unfortunately not all the data can be viewed
> correctly when dumping from utility "upsc".
>
> For example:
>
> upsbox# upsc mustek op localhost
> battery.voltage: 108.00
> battery.voltage.nominal: 96.0
> driver.name: megatec
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/cuad0
> driver.version: 2.4.1
> driver.version.internal: 1.6
> input.frequency: 50.0
> input.frequency.nominal: 50.0
> input.voltage: 227.0
> input.voltage.fault: 227.0
> input.voltage.maximum: 228.8
> input.voltage.minimum: 224.1
> input.voltage.nominal: 220.0
> output.voltage: 227.0
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.delay.shutdown: 0
> ups.delay.start: 2
> ups.load: 30.0
> ups.mfr: unknown
> ups.model: unknown
> ups.serial: unknown
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 60.6
> ups.type: standby

Nothing wrong with the above. What data that isn't correct in your
opinion are you referring to?

> Also when starting NUT program we can see the following messages:
>
> upsbox# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec protocol driver 1.6 (2.4.1)
> Megatec protocol UPS detected.
> This UPS has an unsupported combination of battery voltage/number of
> batteries.
> Cannot calculate charge percentage for this UPS.
> Starting nut.

You need to read the documentation and FAQ first, before asking for
help. How to make the above messages disappear is described in 'man 8
megatec'.

> As far as we understand this model of the equipment is not being supported
> currently. Could you please inform me who do I need refer to to add this
> equipment to the list of supported ones?

You're doing a fine job now, the mailing list is the first place you
go to when asking for help.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list