[Nut-upsuser] Nut and PowerWare 5115

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:42:26 UTC 2009

Greg,

2009/5/26 Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>

> Hi Greg,
>
> 2009/5/21 Greg <greg_roll at hotmail.com>
>
>>  Hi Arnaud,
>>
>> Any luck with the latest subversion trunk?
>>

> sorry for the lag... too many things, not enough time.
>
> I'm preparing a version with some more debug info, but I'm still puzzled
> with your issue.
> in the meantime, can you retry the debug test on your 9.04, ie
>
> export USB_DEBUG=3 && /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb -u root -DDDDD -a PowerWare
>
> if you end up with "Can't set POWERWARE USB configuration", then we should
> have an msg from libusb like "could not set config..." with the exact
> errno...

I missed to add that I'm also interested in this one: "unset USB_DEBUG &&
lsusb -d06da:0002 -v" on your 9.04. I can't find it back in the thread.

@Kjell: do you see anything that could lead to that kind of "regression"?
I'm not sure that it's on our side though.

@Greg: can you fill the following and perhaps do some more testing (note
that you only need to exec the driver):
- is 2.2.2 working on 9.04? (simply get the source, configure using the
instructions at the bottom of this mail and then compile as usual)
- is 2.4.1 working on 8.10?
- I would need more tech info on your qnap (arch, linux version, libusb
version, USB path ie /proc or /dev, verbose lsusb as told above)

* configure line
----------------------
configure --prefix=/usr \
--exec-prefix=/ \
--sysconfdir=/etc/nut \
--mandir=/usr/share/man \
--libdir=/lib \
--includedir=/usr/include \
--without-all \
--enable-static \
--with-statepath=/var/run/nut \
--with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut \
--with-drvpath=/lib/nut \
--with-pidpath=/var/run/nut \
--datadir=/usr/share/nut \
--with-pkgconfig-dir=/usr/lib/pkgconfig \
--with-user=nut --with-group=nut