[Nut-upsuser] Nut and PowerWare 5115

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 27 08:12:34 UTC 2009

Kjell,

2009/5/26 Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>

> Greg and Arnaud
> >
> > I missed to add that I'm also interested in this one: "unset USB_DEBUG &&
> > lsusb -d06da:0002 -v" on your 9.04. I can't find it back in the thread.
> >
> > @Kjell: do you see anything that could lead to that kind of "regression"?
> > I'm not sure that it's on our side though.
> >
> I can not set the finger on what it is. My PW3105 is running fine on
> nut-2.4.1.

so does the 5115 I have underhand. tested with both 2.4.1 (ubuntu vanilla)
and the trunk!

> I know that there have been changes to the nut_usb.c file, and I
> made a comment to Arjen about it. Because it was breaking the
> switch between Powerware and Phoenixtec. But that is fixed.

yup, I've checked the code 2 times, since many things have moved around.
but I don't see any possible break here.

> And the problem on my side is that I don't have any ups with the
> Phoenixtec Power Co usb interface.

I've cc'ed Tatu. Maybe he can arrange a remote access to such a device.

> If I get some time I can put
> ubuntu on a computer and test if the nut package is working on
> the pw3105.
>
> Arnaud, do you have any problems running PW5115 with nut-2.4.1 ?

yes, as stated above.
that's why I'm interested in the verbose lsusb (check if bConfigurationValue
== 1) and the kernel version (some 2.6.28 have broken USB, irrc -3 and
another one).

as told previously, I'm more inclined in thinking that this issue comes from
outside of NUT.
something between libusb and the kernel, since the device is working
otherwise, and particularly with an older NUT release. testing 2.2.2 on
Greg's jaunty would confirm that (if it doesn't work!).

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops