[Nut-upsuser] This guy must be an idiot

Leslie Rhorer lrhorer at satx.rr.com
Wed May 27 05:10:34 UTC 2009

	OK, can someone tell me what utterly moronic thing I am doing wrong?

	I have two roughly identical Linux system running NUT, and one works
properly.  The other almost does.  The second system works well once
everything is up, but after booting, the system does not have connectivity
to the UPS.  I have to manually run `upsdrvctl start backup`,
`/etc/init.d/nut start`, and `upsd` to get NUT working.  Thereafter it works
fine, whether anyone is logged in or not.  After a boot, however, I have to
log in and kick-start it again.

	What am I missing? The S50nut symlink is in /etc/rc2.d, and both
systems are at runlevel 2.  I set up the systems the very same way (as far
as I can remember or tell), except that one employs driver = tripplite_usb
in usb.conf and the other uses driver = usbhid-ups, plus the two have
different backup names.  Otherwise, I think everything is the same.