[Nut-upsuser] New NUT user with HP R3000XR problem

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed May 27 18:56:13 UTC 2009

Citeren Brother Railgun of Reason <alaric op caerllewys.net>:

> babylon4:root:/opt/nut:24 start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
> Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.21 (2.4.1)
> RS-232 communication subdriver 0.17
> Connected to UPS on /dev/tty00 with baudrate 19200

OK, the driver is running, so this is not the problem.

> babylon4:root:/opt/nut:25 # sbin/upsd
> Network UPS Tools upsd 2.4.1
> listening on 127.0.0.1 port 3493
> listening on ::1 port 3493
> /opt/nut/var is world readable
> Connected to UPS [tokamak]: bcmxcp-tokamak
> Maximum number of connections limited to 256 [requested 1024]

Weird, apparently your system has a limited number of file descriptors
available. I have a feeling that this is not a standard operating
system.

> babylon4:root:/opt/nut:26 # bin/upsc tokamak op localhost
> Error: Connection failure: Connection refused

For whatever reason, you can't connect to localhost. I've never seen
this before. The only thing I can imagine now is that some kind of
policy exists that doesn't allow you connect through localhost because
this is OS is running as a guest on top of another system.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list