[Nut-upsuser] 2.6.31.4: Intel P55 Chipset BUG [usbhid-raw/devices/broken?] [tested 3 different UPS']

Justin Piszcz jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com
Sun Nov 1 08:55:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> just as a wild guess;
> does it go away if you disable CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND ?
>
> also, google suggests that your bios may not have c-states enabled;
> if so, enabling those in the bios might also be a good idea

Hi Arjan,

Thanks for the reply,

http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20091101/config-2.6.31.4-7-PROD.txt
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20091101/config-2.6.31.4-8-USB-DEBUG.txt

I do not use that option btw:

$ grep CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND .config
# CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND is not set

I rebooted to the BIOS and verified that the CPU C states are enabled.

Justin.