[Nut-upsuser] two MGE Ellipse 1500 ups via usb

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 01:35:46 UTC 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 8:18 AM, Thomas Gutzler wrote:

> So I ran lsusb -v and got two different values for iSerial (1HCG4700J
> and 000000000) and iManufacturer ('1 MGE UPS SYSTEMS' and '1 EATON').

Note that when interpreting values from lsusb, the members starting
with "i" are indices (in this case, indexing the string descriptors).

The index for iManufacturer seems to be "1", and the value that you
specify in the configuration file is the portion *after* that index
("MGE UPS SYSTEMS" or "EATON", depending on how new the unit is).