[Nut-upsuser] USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usbhid-ups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 27 08:35:31 UTC 2009

Citeren Thomas Gutzler <thomas.gutzler op gmail.com>:

> Ok, I've checked out svn://svn.debian.org/nut/trunk
> (why does the website say it's version 2.5, when configure.in says
> AC_INIT(nut, 2.4.1)?)

Probably because we forgot to update this in the trunk. We don't
really use this value for development (anymore). For development
builds, the SVN revision number is appended.

> Ok, I've done the modification in the source and built everything. I
> assume it's ok to just run the new driver but keep everything else?

Yes.

> So I
> killed the old usbhid-ups process and fired up the new one. Took a while
> for a re-connect to happen, so I've done a bit of deleting in the log
> but I think all important info is still in there.

Interestingly, it takes a lot longer for the first errors to occur. It
takes more than two hours for the first time the connection is lost
(which is not unusual). This may be a coincidence, but if not, we
would like to know why.

You made two changes now. First, the trunk version handles reading
reports slightly different from what we did before (although I don't
think this really helps) and second the change of no longer ignoring
interrupt reports. I suspect the latter is what makes the difference,
so could you try again with an unmodified driver (straight from the
SVN trunk)? If I'm right, this will show the same behavior as before.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list