[Nut-upsuser] Powerware USB issue solved (bcmxcp_usb)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:39:26 UTC 2009

Hi Greg

2009/10/7 Greg

> Thanks for continuing to look at this. Much appreciated!

part of Eaton dedication to NUT users ;-)

> I compiled the driver on my QNAP as I didn't have time to muck around with
> Ubuntu.
>
> Here is my output
> ============================
> [/] # /usr/local/ups/bin/bcmxcp_usb -DDDD -a qnapups -u admin
> Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.22 (2.4.1)
> USB communication subdriver 0.17

this is still the old driver! the new version is 0.23...

as told in my mail, you can run it from the build directory using:
$ ./drivers/bcmxcp_usb -DD -a <ups name>

otherwise, do a make install before calling the driver.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops