[Nut-upsuser] Battery test feature of APC Back-UPS RS series

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Oct 10 13:09:58 UTC 2009

Citeren Jean Delvare <khali op linux-fr.org>:

> I'm testing it now. The new driver indeed shows new commands:
>
> test.battery.start.deep - Start a deep battery test
> test.battery.start.quick - Start a quick battery test
> test.battery.stop - Stop the battery test

Good. You seem to be running the latest version from the trunk.

> But upscmd fails with:
>
> # upscmd rs800 -u admin test.battery.start.quick
> Error: old command names are not supported

Not surprising. The order of command line options is wrong. The
correct order would be

     upscmd -u admin rs800 test.battery.start.quick

See 'man 8 upscmd'.

> I am running the usbhid-ups driver from SVN and upscmd from SVN too,
> but upsd and upsmon are from 2.4.1. Do I also have to upgrade either or
> both of upsd and upsmon to SVN as well?

Older versions of upsd and upsmon should be fine (newer than 2.0.5, if
memory serves).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list