[Nut-upsuser] Battery test feature of APC Back-UPS RS series

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Oct 10 14:06:04 UTC 2009

Citeren Arjen de Korte <nut+users op de-korte.org>:

>> After that I couldn't issue a test.battery.start.deep command again,
>> nothing happened when I tried. test.battery.start.quick still works
>> though.
> Weird. I have no idea why that happens.

I just recalled that some UPSes will refuse to run a deep discharge
test when the battery isn't fully charged and/or need to be charging
continuously for an 'X' amount of hours (with 'X' typically being 12
to 24). So chances are this will work again if you wait a day or so.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Also, be advised that running deep discharge tests wear out your
battery, so you should only run these once every three to six months
(at most).
--
Please keep list traffic on the list