[Nut-upsuser] 2.6.31.4: USB/UPS connectivity issue on Intel DP55KG Motherboard [DEBUG logs included upsd/upsmon/usbhid-ups]

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 21 18:32:10 UTC 2009

Citeren Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz op lucidpixels.com>:

> Even without the poll option, the error persists, but it takes
> longer to trigger (3-5 minutes vs. 1-2 minutes @ 5 second follreq)

Have you also tried setting

     pollinterval = 10

in ups.conf, to increase the polling interval for this UPS?

If this doesn't work either, I fear there is little else we can do for
you. Occasionally, the connection may be lost (due to EMI, plugging
other devices on the same USB bus, etc), but if this happens almost
every minute, there must be something wrong.

The connection to the UPS should be fairly reliable, if not this is
either kernel or hardware related. It doesn't seem to be the first, so
your only other option would be to try this on different hardware
(which would be a nice test, to see if you don't just happen to have a
broken USB controller on your mainboard).

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list