[Nut-upsuser] UPS Config

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 1 06:50:15 UTC 2009

Citeren Brian Hoover <BHoover op viengineering.com>:

> No I just meant that I could not communicate to my APC UPS unless I
> had the config in hyperterminal the way I stated, and it would not
> respond to any command until I sent “Y”.

The protocol 'documentation' you're referring to is meant to aid the
NUT developers. It is not intended to document protocols and/or to be
complete. It does mention however that you need to send a 'Y' command:

     This must be sent before anything else on this page will work.

This is sent by the apcsmart driver by default when it probes for the
UPS model connected.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list