[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 5110 UPS with nut in Ubuntu

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Sep 1 16:32:23 UTC 2009

> 2009/8/28 Thomas Zulliger <Thomas.Zulliger at quiksilver.com.au>

Hi Arnaud and Thomas.

Can not reproduce it.

upsdrvctl -DD start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.1
Starting UPS: pw3105
exec: /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb -a pw3105
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.21 (2.4.1)
USB communication subdriver 0.17

No errors.

The only thing that come to my mind is that the driver is already running.
Check by:
ps xau |grep bcmxcp

If you try to start it and it is running you get:
Starting UPS: pw3105
exec: /lib/nut/bcmxcp_usb -a pw3105
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.21 (2.4.1)
USB communication subdriver 0.17
Can't set POWERWARE USB configuration
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus

Regards
Kjell