[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite_usb Driver fail on OMNIVS1500

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:48:44 UTC 2009

2009/9/8 Chris Abel <cabel at wildwood.edu>

> Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> writes:
> >seems you don't have libusb-dev installed on your system (needed to
> >compile the USB drivers).
> >you can see it in the configure report, ie:
> >build USB drivers: yes
> >
> >so "sudo apt-get install libusb-dev"
>
> I had already done this. To double check I did this again:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> libusb-dev is already the newest version.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 72 not upgraded.

are you sure that you have re executed configure, and that you have the
above "build USB drivers: yes" message?
don't forget to call make too.
I see no reason for not having tripplite_usb if the above are met.
please, fix that point first.

> >>and send us back the output.
> >>
> >>last question: have you bought this unit recently?
> >
> >Yes It was bought just a couple of weeks ago.
> >

> >interesting, I was thinking that tripplite_usb was for older units, not
> >HID compliant.
> >the newer runs usbhid-ups, but I'm now wondering if these are HID
> >compliant.
> >but looking at the lsusb output, the report size seems too short for this.
> >anyway, just thinking out loudly.
>
> I tried usbhid-ups as well and it told me to use the tripplite_usb drivers.

nothing but normal: according to the USB identifiers, this device is only
supported by tripplite_usb.
that's why I asked for the acquisition date, and why I thought out loud
about that...

cheers,
Arnaud
--