[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite_usb Driver fail on OMNIVS1500

Chris Abel cabel at wildwood.edu
Tue Sep 8 20:46:30 UTC 2009

When I simply copy and replace the following I get this at the end of
./configure:
checking user to run as...
ups--with-group=nut--sysconfdir=/etc/nut/--mandir=/usr/share/man--libdir=/lib/cludedir=/usr/include/--without-ssl--without-hal--with-cgi--with-dev--enable-static--with-statepath=/var/run/nut/--with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut
checking group membership of user to run as... nobody
configure: error: "If you specify --with-user, you also must specify
--with-group"

The output in ssh when I paste your directions looks like this:
./configure --with-user=ups\
> --with-group=nut\
> --sysconfdir=/etc/nut/\
> --mandir=/usr/share/man
man/    man-db/
> --mandir=/usr/share/man\
> --libdir=/lib/
Display all 161 possibilities? (y or n)
> --libdir=/lib/cludedir=/usr/include/\
> --without-ssl\
> --without-hal\
> --with-cgi\
> --with-dev\
> --enable-static\
> --with-statepath=/var/run/nut/\
> --with-altpidpath=/var/run/nut

Am I the only one that has trouble compiling this with Ubuntu?