[Nut-upsuser] NUT with Cyber Power 700 AVR

Rob Donovan hikerman2005-nut at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 19:55:01 UTC 2010

I'll add that when I tested the restart script/binary it worked
perfectly.  However, I tested it by giving nut a bash shell in
/etc/passwd, then doing su nut, and running /sbin/upsschedcmd restart
from a bash shell.  After that I reset nut's shell to /bin/false.  The
failure above to stop the upsmon owned by root looks suspiciously to me
like the setuid isn't working properly in the running system.  If I fix
it I'll post here.