[Nut-upsuser] nut 2.4 et MGE CometEXtrem 6

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:57:18 UTC 2010

Hello

2010/12/7 sabine GOUDARD <sabine.goudard at st-etienne.archi.fr>

>  Hello
>

> My server with another UPS (MGE Pulsar Evolution2200 USB) is OK.
>
> All scripts work
>
> Is it possible to work with a UPS MGE CometExtrem 6 on serial port
>

> Which driver can I use ?
>
> I tried with mge-shut ou mge-utalk without any success

as per NUT HCL, Comet Extreme use the UTalk protocol.
so mge-utalk is the driver you're looking for.

> when I start driver with upsdrvctl with mge-utalk
>
> I have (after a long time)
>
> Can't connect to UPS [MGE_cometEX] (mge-utalk-MGE_cometEX): No such file or
> directory
>
> or
>

> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
> Network UPS Tools - MGE UPS SYSTEMS/U-Talk driver 0.89 (2.4.3)
> /dev/ttyS0 is locked by another process
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

the above message shows that the mge-utalk driver can't start since there is
another driver locking the port.
so, first, stop everything, and issue a "killall mge-shut mge-utalk"
then start NUT as usual.
if something really goes wrong, stop everything and then try starting
mge-utalk in debug mode, to see if there is actually a problem, using:
$ /path/to/mge-utalk -DDD -a MGE_cometEX

Let it run for 30 seconds, and send us the output.

brg,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com