[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower Value 2200E-GP

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Dec 17 16:41:39 UTC 2010

Citeren David Varley <davidavarley op gmail.com>:

> As far as setting the shutdown command in a script run when hibernating, I
> did this. I created a script, 48nut, in /etc/pm/sleep.d, as follows:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # If we are hibernating due to power-fail, initiate a delayed UPS shutdown
> and then stop the nut services
> # If we are thawing after this event, start the nut service
> # DAV 17DEC10
>
>    if (test -f /etc/killpower)
>    then
>         case "$1" in
>                 hibernate|suspend)
>                         echo "Initiating UPS Powerdown Sequence"
>                         /sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown
>                         echo "Stopping nut service"
>                         service nut stop

This won't work. In order to send a poweroff command to the UPS, the
drivers must be restarted from scratch. Therefor you must run 'service
nut stop' before doing that, otherwise the backgrounded drivers will
not have exited.

It also is a good idea to put a 'sleep 2' between the two commands, to
give the drivers some time to respond to the KILL signal they receive:

     echo "Stopping nut service"
     service nut stop
     sleep 2
     echo "Initiating UPS Powerdown Sequence"
     /sbin/upsdrvctl shutdown

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)