[Nut-upsuser] USB permission problem

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Feb 5 08:30:34 UTC 2010

Citeren Karl Dalen <k_dal2 op hotmail.com>:

> I have just compiled and installed nut-2.4.1 and I get
> the following errors when I try it: There is no difference
> if I run it as root or normal user. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> # usbhid-ups -DDD -a SMART1000LCD

Try running

     usbhid-ups -u root -DDD -a SMART1000LCD

instead.

If that works, you have a permissions problem and most likely will
need to change the udev rules on your system. There are some hints on
how to do this in "scripts/udev/README".

Better yet, find a pre-compiled package for the distribution you're
using to save yourself the trouble from finding out how this works.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list