[Nut-upsuser] HP R1500 G2 UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Feb 18 19:28:12 UTC 2010

Citeren Jon Bendtsen <jbendtsen op laerdal.dk>:

> I have a R3000XR, and i use bcmxcp using a seriel port out, since i
> can not find a USB port on the UPS.
>
> I do have a USB2serial on the host.
>
> I still experience that NUT upsstats.cgi says the UPS battery is at
> 97%, and some days later at 100%. It happens regularly.

The bcmxcp driver reports directly what the UPS is telling us. If the
algorithm used for battery charge calculation is voltage based (not
entirely unlikely), small variations in the battery voltage may make
it jump between two fixed values all the time. I have a very strong
opinion about 'correcting' such behavior, since it can also be an
indication of imminent battery failure.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list